Friday, August 17, 2012

Now I have 12 eyes and 12 ears.

And I'm not just talking about how strong my glasses are. 

Me, third grade, miserable.
My Features Community Advisory Board is already surprising me with its usefulness. So far, it's going so well that I may recommend every reporter has her own.



The members have been posting story ideas, photos, announcements and comments in our Facebook group, and I am beginning to share them with the World At Large:




The Pinterest entries are published every Friday in a feature called Hot Five (what we're into).
I have barely been able to keep up with my Pinterest and Tumblr entries in the past few weeks, so this is a huge relief for me. Because as huge as my glasses are, my eyes can't be everywhere at once. (Don't tell my daughter that, though.)

Tip: As with any kind of meeting, whether virtual or in person, the trick is being disciplined with my time, because I could spend eight hours a day just chatting here. I have set aside one to two hours every Friday to work with them, ask questions and give them a request or question for them to consider for the next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment