Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Interactive photo: The tap-dancing preacher

Inspired by a great Daily Freeman article using a new interactive slideshow called New Hive, I took a new spin on a Black History Month article that I'm working on.



Experience the full interactive page by clicking here.

Two challenges with this project: 

1. My iPhone/iPad simply doesn't take quality-enough pics to play with in an app like this, and the images our photographer took didn't work well as a background. I ended up finding a simple pair of tap shoes from a free stock photo website.

2. The embedded picture of the interactive photo is awful no matter what I do. The elements are shuffled around and the Youtube video does not show up. I don't know if it's something I'm doing or a problem with New Hive's Beta product.

No comments:

Post a Comment