Thursday, October 17, 2013

I'm the creepiest person at the ONA13

What's black and white and totally backward?


So I arrived in Atlanta late/early after midnight yesterday/today. By the time I arrived, my roommate -- whom I've never met before in my life -- was already asleep.

The creepiest thing I've ever done is sneak into a hotel room and tiptoe around a sleeping female stranger, take off my clothes and climb into bed near her unsuspecting, dreaming body.

The first words we exchanged this morning were not at all awkward. Me: "This feels like a weird one-night stand. Hi. I'm Aimee. We've never officially met, but I stayed here last night."

Needless to say, the Online News Association convention is off to a stellar start for me!

Follow my live tweets @Aimeemay.
I'll try not to be so creepy from here on out.
No promises.

And just as I wrote that, my poor roommate sat down across from me and looked up to see my big head in her line of vision. She startled. Understandably.

I need to try harder.



2 comments:

  1. You're crazy. And super great. Glad to have met you at ONA13. Stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I do believe "freak" is part of my official bio. I'm so glad to have met you and the crew.

    ReplyDelete